Air Treks

Monday, March 8, 2010

Car wash!!

http://www.saxcarwash.com/graphics/logo2%20cropped.jpg
Today was a great day...After months of getting in a salt encrusted car everyday, I was finally able to get my car washed!!  This usually takes me hours and hours after a harsh winter as the car needs a complete wash down, wax, carpet shampoo, floor mat cleaning, etc...  However, I finally got smart and decided to pay to get it washed.  I am usually against this for a few reasons.  1st: no one washes it good enough to my liking, 2nd the extra cost isnt worth it.  But after thinking about it, I realized that this was only true once I clean my car routinely.  After three months of no cleaning, it was most definitely worth the $35 to have it cleaned and waxed.  They did everything for me (except shampoo the carpet, but that would have cost me an extra $100 and all I need to do is the front floor board).  Have you ever gone camping for 3 or 4 days and you finally get to come home to shave and shower?  Well that is how I feel now that I got to clean my car.  And I got new floor mats with a gift certificate too.  Also, Mother Nature, I went ahead a packed away my ice scrappers so Columbus cannot have any more snow until I move. 

So within 25 minutes tonight, I got my car washed and waxed while eating a Chipotle burrito.  This was way better than spending 2-3 hours in the car wash parking lot doing it myself.  I do look forward to the day when I can wash it by hand again.    

No comments:

Post a Comment